The Botanical garden opens at 9:00 A.M. every day, except for Christmas and New Year's Day. Closing times vary depending on the season. Last entry half one hour before closing time.
9,00 - 17,00
9,00 - 18,00
9,00 - 19,00
9,00 - 20,00
9,00 - 19,00
9,00 - 18,00
1 November - 28 February
1 - 31 March
1 - 30 April
1 May - 31 August
1 - 30 September
1 - 31 October
Full price: 6,00 €
3,00 € (Age 6 to 14 - Over 70 - Students <25, Student groups and educators)
2,00 € (UNIPA staff)
4,00 € (Groups (> 10 persons)
15,00 € (Families: 2 adoult e max 3 children <12).
10,00 € (UNIPA family)
Free (disabled people and accompanying person; UNIPA student2 )
Gift ticket: 8,00€
One year ticket: 40,00 €
The Botanical Garden is a museum and hence, must be visited with due sensitivity. Access is only allowed for cultural, didactic and educational purposes. Visitors must comply with the following regulations:
1. Walk on the paths and walkways and avoid invading ornamental or experimental plant beds.
2. Do not remove or damage plants or their parts. This rule also protects visitors from contact with possibly toxic or otherwise dangerous plant material.
3. Do not litter and use the appropriate bins to throw away any rubbish.
4. Guides and chaperones of school groups must ensure that the visit is conducted in an orderly fashion and that the students are always under direct supervision.
5. No animals are allowed into the garden (except for registered guide dogs), not even on a leash. Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, rollerblades etc. are also prohibited.
6. The introduction of any plant material, including dried, is not allowed unless it has been expressly authorized.
7. The introduction of games or other recreational material (balls, kites, frisbees etc.) is not allowed.
8. Photography and films are only permitted for personal use. Any other form of recording re-quires written permission from the Director.
The Garden can be reached via several public transport systems that stop at the Central Train Station (Piazza Giulia Cesare). Once you arrive, go towards the sea on via Lincoln for about 600 meters. The Garden will be on your right.
The Botanical Garden can also be easily reached from the airport by bus or train.
If you're Coming from A19 and/or A20 (Palermo-Catania and/or Palermo-Messina), follow the signs for the port and continue straight on, passing it, and turn right onto Via Lincoln near the Foro Italico.
Coming from A29 (Palermo-Mazara del Vallo) exit at the "Brasa" junction of the South-West beltway onto Via Ernesto Basile towards the Central Station.